Sunday, October 9, 2011

MY FIRST DAY!!!

The first day I was on the job was Tuesday August 30th, sorry it has taken me so long to post this... figuring out how to blog was a lot harder than it sounded. But I'm finally up and going!!!! On Mondays I help with an AP high school class who is learning about Strawberry Creek and helping the restoration project. Last week I met the students for the very first time, not gonna lie I was pretty intimidated because I just got out of high school, so what kind of authority do I have going around and telling them to pick weeds? Oh yeah did I mention... we picked weeds on our first day, how exciting right? Haha but it was more than just picking weeds, we learned what the trees do for our ecosystem along with what plants are native to the Berkeley campus. All in all it was a fun day in the sun and I am excited to see what Tyler has in store for us new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment